Police Department Town Hall
216 South Main Street, Davidson, North Carolina 28036
The Town of Davidson (pop. 12,500) is seeking a police chief dedicated to leadership and commitment to community oriented policing with a strong emphasis on service delivery through partnerships, relationship building, community engagement, problem-solving and prevention, and value accountability. Police operating budget is 2.1 Million with 20 budgeted sworn police officers, 300 crimes and 12,000 calls for service annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public or Business Administration, or closely related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of strong technical and leadership experience in command or upper management in municipal law enforcement
- Advanced training through the Southern Police Institute, FBI National Academy, Senior Management Institute for Police, Administrative Officers Management Program or similar programs.
Possess a North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission law enforcement certificate. Out of state candidates have one (1) year from the date of hire to become certified in North Carolina.
- Permanent full-time
- Competitive benefit package
- Hiring range: $90,000 - $112,000
To apply, please visit www.townofdavidson.org to find a full departmental profile, and community video. Please submit an application, cover letter and resume.
A full job description can be found at the following link: