- Create and maintain effective liaison with other law enforcement, fire service, and intelligence agencies, i.e. Federal, state, and local law enforcement for cross jurisdictional and cooperative efforts.
- Develops, evaluates and reviews written policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assists in short term and long range planning for the USG safety and security program.
- Supervises the collection and preparation of special reports and ensures proper dissemination of same.
- Serves as second-in-command to the Director of Safety and Security/USG Chief of Police.
- Serves as system level Training Coordinator, implements training programs, evaluates and monitors system compliance with federal regulations.
- Assists in coordination of emergency management and preparedness planning, response and mitigation for the system to include policy/procedure development and supervision of responding personnel as required.
- Evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of campus level public safety programs and policies.
- Researches and defines metrics and targets to monitor compliance with safety & security guidelines and procedures, identifies trends, and conducts research to benchmark metrics and identify best practices.
- Supports the development and implementation of professional development programs for campus public safety directors/chiefs and key management personnel.
- Develops and implements system level training programs, certified for Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (POST) in-service/advanced training, for campus personnel to include program evaluation and implementation by institutions.
- Assists in coordination of loss prevention, risk management programs for the system to include program development, evaluation, and review of written policies, procedure, rules and regulations.
- Performs fieldwork as directed by the Director of Safety and Security, develops work papers, and prepares management recommendations for strengthening program operations and oversight.
- Composes, proofreads, and edits reports and correspondence to institutions and other state agencies.
- Conducts administrative, criminal and background investigations under the supervision of the Director of Safety and Security.
- Maintains confidential files and records.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in business, human resources, criminal justice, or public administration
- At least five years of work experience in campus public safety or municipal/county law enforcement
- Familiarity with criminal procedures and/or legal research related to law enforcement
- POST certification as a Georgia Peace Officer with PBLE or equivalent designation.
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council certification as a General Instructor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
- Knowledge of theories and practices related to the functional area/field.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of best practices in higher education.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in written communication to executive and subject matter experts.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in the development and delivery of training.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in alignment with the priorities of the organization.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
•Master’s Degree in business, human resources, criminal justice, or public administration
Apply online at: