Department of Juvenile Justice
SECURED FACILITIES - DEPUTY COMMISSIONER
Post Until: June 3, 2015
Hiring Range: $95,000-110,000
The Division of Secured Facilities is responsible for the safe and secure operation of 27 detention centers throughout the state of Georgia housing approximately 2,000 youth awaiting court appearances or who have been committed to DJJ custody by the Juvenile Courts. The Deputy Commissioner will provide leadership and direction for a diverse range of administrative, support, operational, and programmatic activities for the Division of Secure Facilities. Additionally, this position will: develop and implement policies and procedures, provide leadership and professional development to subordinate managers and staff, and ensure fiscal compliance and stewardship for the Division. The Deputy Commissioner is responsible for 24-7 on-call response to emergency situations as required. The position requires frequent travel throughout the state of Georgia.
1. Only Email applications/resumes will be accepted: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please indicate the complete job title (Deputy Commissioner) and position number (187732) in the "Subject Line" of your email in order to be considered.
3. In order to be considered, applicants` must provide relevant and detailed work experience on their application.
Completion of a Bachelor`s degree in a related field AND two (2) years of experience managing professional level staff. OR Five (5) years of experience managing professional staff in a correctional setting.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess two or more of the following:
1. Bachelor`s degree in a related field and 4 years of experience managing professional staff in a correctional setting.
2. Two to five years of experience working in a secure facility overseeing daily operations.
3. One or more years of experience in monitoring budgets and a working knowledge of budget development.
4. One or more years of experience in the area of program development and program management.
NOTES: 1. This announcement may close prior to the closing date without further notice once a satisfactory pool of applicants has been identified. 2. Due to high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. 3. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history and motor vehicle background check, and, if applicable, must take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
More Details about his job!
The Department of Juvenile Justice offers competitive salaries, career opportunities, and an excellent benefits package.
Applications received after Wednesday, June 3, 2015 will not be considered.
Additional Information :
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION. To apply, please submit a copy of your State of Georgia Application and/or a current resume to the designated email address listed in the announcement, and include any other supporting documents as necessary. Please note that the application needs to be thoroughly completed, including any relevant work experience, dates of employment and salary information in order to be accepted. Please include the complete job title and position number in the “Subject Line” of your email in order to be processed. The designated contact person will only be able to provide generic information concerning this announcement. Status updates on your resume/application will not be available at the phone number or email address provided.
Contact Details :
3408 Covington Highway
Decatur , GA 30032
Phone : 404-508-6653
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Chief of Police – Euharlee Police Department
Post Until: June 12, 2015
The City of Euharlee, GA, “The Covered Bridge City”, is accepting applications for its Chief of Police position. Euharlee is the third largest city in Bartow County and is rich in Georgia history. It is home to slightly over 4,000 residents, covering 5.4 square miles. The Euharlee Police Department’s mission is to: protect and serve our citizens with a high level of integrity; utilize a community policing philosophy; strive for excellence in all that we do; become more proactive in preventing crime. Honor to Serve | Duty to Protect
The Chief of Police, appointed by the Mayor and City Council of Euharlee, reports to the City Manager. The Chief is a sworn officer who oversees and directs all activities of the Police Department. The Chief is responsible for the design, management and evaluation of all law enforcement initiatives. The Chief contributes to the development and implementation of projects and programs to maximize police services, in coordination with the City Manager, City Council and Mayor. The primary components of this position include: Planning, Oversight and Administration (30%); Staff Management (20%); Police Operations (25%): Community Responsiveness and Public Relations (25%). This is a highly visible role where the incumbent must be available, on call and able to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day. The Chief of Police job duties are primarily performed in an office environment, but requires onsite visits to emergency and crime scenes. This role involves standing, sitting, walking and stooping for extended periods of time as well as potential exposure to dangerous situations, toxic materials and various weather conditions.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree (or comparable education such as program completion at the FBI Academy) and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in law enforcement. At least ten (10) of those years must include supervisory experience along with management experience with budgets, policy, and procedural administration accountability. A GA P.O.S.T. certification and a valid GA driver’s license are required. The selected candidate must attend the next scheduled law enforcement chief executive training class sponsored by the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police as per OCGA 35-8-20.1. Thorough knowledge of state statutes and codes, federal guidelines and protocols, and local ordinances related to law enforcement is also required. All candidates must be able to demonstrate a history of integrity and honesty, along with high degree of initiative and effective decision-making. Candidates must be able to work under highly stressful, difficult circumstances. Candidates must also be able to make physical custody arrests and, when necessary, physically subdue individuals.
Our employees and the community we serve are our top priorities. Our City’s success is built upon both and we take that seriously. We want a Chief of Police who represents that same level of commitment and dedication. We offer a competitive compensation package (including employer paid benefits) and a collaborative team environment.
If you believe you have what it takes to become a part of the City of Euharlee’s workforce, we encourage you to apply before the closing deadline. Letters of interest and resume, along with three (3) professional references and three (3) personal references, may be submitted via email (email@example.com) or by U.S. mail to:
The City of Euharlee
Attn: Sheree Knowles, HR Knowledge Source
30 Burge’s Mill Road, Euharlee, GA 30145.
The deadline to apply for this position is: Friday, June 12, 2015 at 5:00PM.
A detailed copy of the job description is available upon request.
Please send your request to Sheree Knowles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For additional information about the City of Euharlee, please visit our website at www.euharlee.com.
No walk-ins, phone inquiries or external recruiting agencies, please.
The City of Euharlee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chief of Campus Police - Chattahoochee Technical College – Marietta, GA
Post Until: May 30, 2015
Chattahoochee Technical College (CTC) is the largest Technical College in the State of Georgia. CTC serves a combined student population of 13,000 across six counties and eight campuses in North Georgia.
This position is responsible for directing the Department of Public Safety and for supervising the day-to-day activities of assigned officers.
APPLY ONLINE ONLY @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Contact Us” then “CTC Jobs.” For a complete file, fill out an online application, upload cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and include three professional references’ contact information on application. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Following screening, candidates may be asked to submit further documentation.
- Must be Georgia POST certified and be in good standing.
- Must have membership in and be in good standing in Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, or must obtain membership in Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police & be in good standing within twelve months of appointment.
- A bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field from a regionally or nationally accredited college is required along with 7 years of paid work experience in public law enforcement 3 of which must have been equivalent to police sergeant or higher, or an associate’s degree in a course of study with 9 years of paid work experience in public law enforcement 3 of which must have been equivalent to police sergeant or higher, or High School diploma and 11 years of paid work experience in public law enforcement 3 of which must have been equivalent to police sergeant or higher.
- Successfully meets first responder qualifications for first-aid care and is CPR certified.
- Must have possession of certification from GACP, or must obtain certification from GACP within 12 months after appointment.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
For a full job description please visit the College’s website @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Contact Us” then “CTC Jobs.”
Police Chief – Commerce, Georgia Post until: July 3, 2015
The City of Commerce, Georgia is recruiting an experienced law enforcement administrator with exceptional leadership, management and interpersonal skills to move the Commerce Police Department forward. The City is located in Jackson County and along I-85 and SR 441. Commerce is centrally located between Atlanta, North Georgia Mountains, and Athens with a population of approximately 6,500. The current Chief is retiring after 13 years of dedicated service.
The Police Chief is appointed by and reports to the City Manager. The department has 21 sworn officers, 5 non-sworn staff, part time auxiliary officers, one animal control officer and an annual operating budget of $2.1 million dollars. For more information, visit the City’s website at www.commercega.org
The successful candidate must possess modern management skills as well as proven integrity in working with members of both the community and police department. The Chief must also have proven experience in implementing proactive policies and be committed to professional development and community engagement. The candidate will have a demonstrated history of successful partnerships with other municipalities, law enforcement agencies and other public safety agencies in addition to community policing skills and drug enforcement interdiction.
Candidates must meet the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related area from an accredited college or university
- Three years of police management/administration experience. A combination of equivalent education, training or experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain valid Georgia P.O.S.T. Peace Officer certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record
Salary Range: $57,000 - $65,000.
In addition, a competitive benefits package is included (health insurance, dental, retirement, sick and vacation time, uniform allowance, take home vehicle, etc.)
As a condition of employment, applicants should be prepared for a background check that will include a physical exam with drug screening, in-depth background investigation, fingerprint/criminal history check via GCIC, driver’s license check via DMVS, credit history check and a complete POST review. Other items may include a polygraph exam, a psychological exam.
This positon is considered open until filled; first review of resumes will be on July 3, 2015 with an anticipated start date in September/October.
Resumes, with cover letter including reason for interest in position will be submitted to:
Pete Pyrzenski, City Manager
City of Commerce
27 Sycamore St.
P.O. Box 348
Commerce, Georgia 30529
City of Morrow - Chief of Police
Posted until: 06/05/2015
This is a high-level, exempt position responsible for directing, supervising and planning 24/7 operations of the Police Department. The City of Morrow is a heavy commercialized area (shopping, Clayton State University, National Archives, nature preserve, parks, and more) located south of Atlanta Hartsville International airport, with approximately 6,500 residents.
Interested candidates should log on to the City of Morrow website at www.cityofmorrow.com, click on the careers page and complete an on-line application. In addition, a resume and cover letter should be mailed to Human Resources, 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260. Starting salary is determined based on experience and city budget, and is set by Mayor/Council. The City of Morrow does not participate in social security and offers a full benefit package with both cost share and city paid benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major course work in police science, police administration law enforcement, management, or related disciplines. Master’s degree preferred.
- Graduate of nationally recognized law enforcement training program (FBINA, SPI,
Command College. Etc..).
- Twelve (12) years in police service and eight (8) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Completion of police training and education as required by Georgia P.O.S.T. & all applicable laws.
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Successful completion of all background investigations.
- Motor Vehicle Report which meets City guidelines.
A full job description may be viewed from the careers page of the City of Morrow website.
The City of Morrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.