Chief of Police - City of Donalsonville
Post Until: April 30, 2015
The City of Donalsonville, Georgia is seeking an experienced law enforcement administrator with exceptional leadership, management, and interpersonal skills to move the Donalsonville Police Department on the path of progressive service delivery. The city is located in Seminole County, 55 miles from the City of Albany with a population of 2,650.
The Police Chief is appointed by and reports to the City Manager. The Donalsonville Police Department has an authorized complement of 8 sworn officers, 4 non-sworn staff, and an annual operating budget of $966,835.
The successful candidate must possess a proven background in implementing forward-thinking, proactive policies and be committed to training, professional development and community engagement. A demonstrated history of successful partnerships with other municipalities, law enforcement agencies and other public safety agencies is required. Candidates must have excellent management skills, a proven ability to inspire confidence, and bring a strong record of achievement in public safety, security, community policing, and drug enforcement.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration or related area;
- The degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university;
- 10 years of progressive law enforcement experience;
- A combination of equivalent education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain valid P.O.S.T. Peace Officer certification;
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary range: $40,000 to $50,000 or will be based on qualifications and experience. In addition, a competitive benefits package is included (e.g., health insurance, sick and vacation time, and vehicle.)
As a condition of employment, applicants should be prepared for a background check that includes: polygraph exam, a psychological exam, a physical exam with drug screening, an in-depth background investigation, fingerprint/criminal history check via GCIC, driver’s license check via DMVS, credit history check; and a complete POST review.
Resumes with cover letter including reason for interest in position, may be submitted by:
Agency Website: www.donalsonvillega.org
Fax: (229) 524-8360
Mail or in person: City of Donalsonville, 127 E. 2nd Street, Donalsonville, Georgia, 39845
Resumes should include at least three (3) professional references. Please, no telephone inquiries.
Applications must be received by 5pm, April 30, 2015. For full job description, visit the City’s website at www.donalsonvillega.org or click on the following link:
The Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police is assisting with the selection via an Assessment Center. Applications will be evaluated by the City of Donalsonville.
Chief of Police – Peachtree City
Post Until: May 15, 2015
The City of Peachtree City, a master-planned city of 35,000 in the south Metro Atlanta area of Fayette County, is seeking an experienced individual to become the City’s new Chief of Police.
The 24 square mile City is a full service community with an annual combined budget of $30 million with approximately 300 employees. The Police Department has a total of approximately 70 employees. The department has a national reputation, has won numerous awards, and is CALEA certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in police management required.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of police administration; local ordinances and relevant state and federal laws; and the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other standard and specialized equipment.
- Leadership and motivational skills, along with strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- Ability to interact with the citizens in a professional and positive manner.
- Competent computer skills.
The City offers a generous benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
For a complete job description, please visit the City’s website at www.peachtree-city.org/jobs.aspx
Please forward application, cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
City of Peachtree City
Attn: Human Resources
151 Willowbend Road
Peachtree City, GA 30269